What I’m doing now
- Recovering from a Pittsburgh-to-Washington DC bike ride from June 1 - June 6.
See instagram for details and photos.
For the most part it was great, but I had one bad day due to a sloppy trail
(from rain the day before), plus a leaky tube and not being able to get the
tire off the rim to change it. Eventually it worked out, and I got another
real-world example of how helpful random people can be.
- I got a new bike recently from excellent
local bike shop Thick Bikes and am super happy
with it so far. The last bike I got was in 2006, hopefully this one will last
as long. I also got an
indoor bike trainer
a few months ago and have been really digging it.
- Still making lots of bread and other baked goods,
though I’m no longer posting photos of every bake because it feels weird with
so much other stuff going on.
- Thinking about my role in our unjust society, and what I can do to help.
(Beyond donating to a number of orgs. There are so many doing great work!)
- Learning to live with a teenager and the roller-coaster emotions she contains
- My last day at Turnitin was May 21! I’ll be starting at
the US Digital Service on June 21. I don’t know what
projects I’ll be on yet, but I’m really excited!
(updated 8-June-2021; see Derek Sivers for inspiration)