What I’m doing now
- We got a dog! Rosie is a Golden
Retriever and is just over a year old. She’s very smart, loves people, and
also enjoys eating anything that will fit in her mouth – garbage, rocks,
cardboard, cat poop, etc.
- I got a new bike last year
from excellent local bike shop Thick Bikes
and am super happy with it so far. The last bike I got was in 2006, hopefully
this one will last as long. I also got an
indoor bike trainer
and have been really digging it. (Also kicking myself for not
getting it earlier…)
- Still making lots of bread and other baked goods,
though I’m no longer posting photos of every bake because it feels weird with
so much other stuff going on.
- Thinking about my role in our unjust society, and what I can do to help.
(Beyond donating to a number of orgs. There are so many doing great work!)
- Learning to live with a teenager (now 15!) and the roller-coaster emotions
she contains and inspires.
- Now working at 412 Food Rescue as a Senior
Software Engineer! I’m excited about the mission around food waste and the
improvements it can inspire all through the food chain. I’m also
tempermentally suited for small orgs, really missed working with people, and
am super into getting back to building mode.
(updated 22-October-2022; see Derek Sivers for inspiration)