What I’m doing now
- We got a dog! Rosie is a Golden
Retriever and is a year oldold. She’s very smart, loves people, and
also enjoys eating anything that will fit in her mouth – garbage, cardboard,
cat poop, etc.
- I got a new bike last year
from excellent local bike shop Thick Bikes
and am super happy with it so far. The last bike I got was in 2006, hopefully
this one will last as long. I also got an
indoor bike trainer
and have been really digging it. (Also kicking myself for not
getting it earlier…)
- Still making lots of bread and other baked goods,
though I’m no longer posting photos of every bake because it feels weird with
so much other stuff going on.
- Thinking about my role in our unjust society, and what I can do to help.
(Beyond donating to a number of orgs. There are so many doing great work!)
- Learning to live with a teenager (now 15!) and the roller-coaster emotions
she contains and inspires.
- Now working at 412 Food Rescue as a Senior
Software Engineer! I’m tempermentally suited for small orgs, really missed
working with people, and am super excited to get back to building mode.
(updated 15-August-2022; see Derek Sivers for inspiration)