...and thus, five things I'm really interested in right now, otherwise they get the 'mark all as read' treatment:
- REST, in the top five for the last year or so. In particular the recent discussion of Atom prompted by this and other discussions of whether REST needs a description language (like WADL). I'm tending toward "no" just because I think a description language only gets you at most 80% of what you actually need, and it makes people think that the other 20% doesn't matter. (Numbers pulled out of nowhere, thanks.)
- Scala, Erlang, and other languages that make concurrency much easier.
- Sorta piggybacking on this are other JVM languages like JRuby -- congrats on hitting 1.0, it's huge.
- Catching up with Andrew and Jenny's site because the old RSS feed I had expired silently. Great stuff.
- Assorted enterprise architecture stuff, especially messaging.
- Two scoops of great photos from Mark and Deb and their travels.
(Oh yeah, did I mention I switched to google reader from bloglines? After Mark posted about his experience a while ago I tried it out, didn't look back. It wasn't that much better than bloglines, but migration was a snap, and it's one less login...)