Are you an ACM member? If so, did you know about their online book program? They’ve got a whole bunch of books with the full content online, decent indexing and all. There are gaps (no O’Reilly books), but in my bookshelf right now I have the following just from a half-hour rummaging:
- About Face 2.0: The Essentials of Interaction Design, Alan Cooper and Robert Reimann
- Agile Modeling: Effective Practices for eXtreme Programming and the Unified Process, Scott Ambler
- Managing Software Deliverables: A Software Development Management Methodology, John W. Rittinghouse
- Professional J2EE EAI, Matjaz Juric, et al.
- Professional PERL Programming, Simon Cozens, Arthur Corliss, et al. (why PERL instead of Perl?)
- and a few others