Some delayed notes from the trip to Germany:
- We were actually on time for once! But...
- ...that didn't prevent me from not getting a seat until uncomfortably close to boarding. I bought this ticket two months ago! I'm sure it has to do with the complicated web of fare types, which types of flights are routinely overbooked and so on. I'm a fairly non-confrontational person but I was preparing to get medieval on someone...
- Doing work in the otherwise unproductive time of flight kicks ass. And it's actually really nice to not be connected to the net -- no temptation to go OCD on email checking... The only downside is I can't commit to CVS as often as I normally do, no big deal.
- The Kensington Universal Car/Air adapter also works great. The US Airways website wasn't helpful about whether non-business class seats on this plane (Airbus A330) had power connections, but this one does. Fan-freaking-tastic.
- The more IDEA gets into my physical memory the more I want one for Perl. Maybe Perl6 will be regular enough and have enough declared types to make it happen? (Note to self: see what capabilities the EPIC plugin for Eclipse has...)
- Watching DVDs on the plane is great too -- every seat on this Airbus has on-demand video/music, which is cool. But my stuff is cooler :-)
- I noticed while dashing through the Frankfurt airport to catch my flight to Bremen that there were areas for wireless. Maybe my next flight won't be late so I can check it out.