My wife, my sister and I motored down to Florida for a wedding. Normally we'd fly, but we're really trying to watch the $$. And with three people the 16 hour trip isn't quite so bad.
But we did find that the back seat of our car (1999 Saturn SC2) is pretty damned uncomfortable for an extended period of time. We also found:
- Burger King now has a veggie burger, but it's as inedible as their other burgers. Still, a positive sign.
- Crappy driving isn't the exclusive domain of any part of the country.
- West Virginia remains the only state out of the ones we went through -- PA, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL -- to have "while flashing" clauses on their work area speed limit signs.
- I have a pretty cool extended family, all things considered.
- It's a really, really bad idea to mix beer, red wine, and milkshakes made with Bailey's
- AAA has a pretty decent site (once you finish redirecting) for planning trips, finding hotels, making reservations, etc. It's not super polished, but it worked pretty well for me and probably would have worked better had I been on their preferred platform/browser.
I missed some pretty darned interesting
threads on the mod_perl list, too. Oh well.
(Originally posted elsewhere)